Agile sprints named after Terry Pratchet Discworld novels

I joined a team just as they were running out of titles in the Discworld series. This had me looking at any Pratchet books, in order to keep the names running, and this is where I ended up. A bit of a geeky take on it. The editable raw data is available for updating on github.

https://github.com/zaphodikus/terrypratchetsprintnames

Title
A Blink of the Screen : collected short fiction
A Hat Full of Sky
Carpe Jugulum
Equal Rites
Eric
Feet of Clay
Going Postal
Good Omens
Guards! Guards!
Hogfather
I Shall Wear Midnight
Interesting Times
Jingo
Johnny and the Bomb
Johnny and the Dead
Lords and Ladies
Making Money
Maskerade
Men at Arms
Monstrous Regiment
Mort
Moving Pictures
Nation
Night Watch
Only You Can Save Mankind
Pyramids
Raising Steam^
Reaper Man
Small Gods
Snuff
Soul Music
The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents
The Colour of Magic
The Fifth Elephant
The Last Continent
The Last Hero: a Discworld® Fable
The Light Fantastic
The Truth
The Wee Free Men
Thief of Time
Thud!
Unseen Academicals
Where’s My Cow?^
Wintersmith
Witches Abroad
World of Poo
Wyrd Sisters

Comments

  1. Our company produces timetabling software for universities, so my test databases have to have a selection of staff, students and rooms. Twenty-five years ago, my first test manager drummed into me that test data should not be relatable to real world data (I was then working in a sector where we had to respect a lot of commercial confidentiality), so I developed a liking for recognisably fictional test data (which was nonetheless relatable to real world situations).

    So all my test db staff names are drawn from characters in the Culture novels of lain M. Banks, whilst my students and university rooms are drawn from Mervyn Peake's 'Gormenghast', with some extra names suggested on visits to various stately homes. My colleagues have gotten used to seeing lectures on my db delivered by Cheradanine Zakalwe or Shohobahaum Za held in the Cabinet of Stones, the Corridor of Lizards or the Courtyard of Dead Poets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a brilliant idea Robert. I get the impression a generic version of this script and a few other SF or Fantasy author databases is a good test case for this little app. I wonder how hard it would be to turn it into a web app....

      Will have to resurrect this work one weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment