Music Manager login fails : Google play music sync pains

At the moment i am struggling so much that I have raised a support ticket with google. so not many people know this, but google do actually give support , real humans do try to help you. There are some things they cannot help you with, before I get onto my main issue, here are 2 of the things they cannot do.
1. Give you the keys to the bosses Ferrari for a day. I always ask the phone operator this when they ask "Is there anything else we can help you with?" It always lightens the mood.
2. Google play on mobile cannot upload/add any music tracks that are on your phone SD card/storage to a playlist that is synced in the cloud.

That last one would be handy, because my support ticket is all about how sync is just broken lately.

For the last week, I have been unable to add any of my own music to my library, I have used the windows app to upload, but the songs don't show up. I have used the Firefox upload button, same issue. I have found a cool button in the settings screen of the player, which is supposed to refresh, but refresh does nothing. I have a number of screenshots which indicate that something on my computer is wrong, because the Google Music Manager app on Windows (which I have repeatedly updated), appears to baulk. Still not sure why.

I have now also tried to use the player in a VM on linux, so a clean machine is also unable to connect.
And its unable to log in. The app has a huge networking issue somewhere, it's very intermittent.
So it's not working on windows10, and it's not working on Ubuntu 18 either. I think the fault must be someplace I can get help in? I have even used a remote computer with 1GB internet link to the internet and I see the same problem, so it's not my firewall. I do have more than 1 Google account, and the same thing happens on my other account. So its pretty much a configuration issue somewhere out of my control if you ask me.
Sometimes when I login sucessfully, I get this half-populated form - evidence that it's going a bit pear shaped. I hope to enable some debug logs to at least work out what is going wrong.

Comments

  1. Just an update, this magically started to all work, mainly because the sync is incredibly slow. I had to re-install, clear out all my own tracks from the music folder, and then configure/copy them back, and wait about 5 minutes. It started all working, gradually over the next few minutes. It was frustrating, but it's now all good.

    Mainly I love Google because although podcast addict is great for listening on a loop continuously, play is much more convenient and copyright friendly. (A limitation is that some music in my loop is not public.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment