Abandon Alpha Terra

YOUNGER: TATA, THE SKY HAS BEEN GRAY FOR 2 MENSE CYCLES NOW. SHOULD WE NOT LEAVE ALREADY?
ELDER:  YES, AND NO. TOGETHER WITH THE OTHER ELDERS WE NOW HAVE CONTROL OF 2 OF THE NEW SOL NATIVE'S ORBITAL COMPUTERS CALLED CUBESATS. BUT WE CANNOT CONTROL MANY MACHINES ON THEIR NETWORK ON OUR OWN WITHOUT YOUR HELP.
YOUNGER: TATA,THIS IS IMPORTANT TO YOU I CAN SEE, BUT WHY?
ELDER: YOU COULD GO WITH THE OTHERS.
(PAUSE)YOUNGER: I CANNOT LEAVE YOU TATA, WILL YOU TEACH ME HOW TO SHAPE THE THOUGHTS OF THE SOL NATIVES?
ELDER:  SO YOU DO UNDERSTAND. THE NATIVES HAVE FORMED 3 GROUPS, ONE WISHES TO LEARN, THE OTHER TO FIGHT AND A THIRD GROUP ARE NOT PART OF THE EQUATION. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PLANET AND IT'S ENVIRONMENT AT ALL. WE ARE WORKING ONLY TO CONTACT THE 1ST GROUP AND INJECT DATA INTO THEIR NETWORKS USING HIJACKED MACHINES.
YOUNGER: OK, HOW DOES IT WORK?
ELDER: THE SOL NATIVES ARE NOW AWARE OF OUR VIRUS, WHICH HELPS OUR CAUSE.  IT IS NO SECRET THAT JUST LIKE ALPHA TERRA HAS BEEN RUINED, SO TOO WILL SOL. WE WILL SEND THEM MESSAGES IN THE DATA STREAMS, SOME NATIVES ARE ALREADY STARTING TO UNDERSTAND.
YOUNGER: WHY CAN'T THEY ALL SEE THE DAMAGE TATA? MA AND THE OTHER FAMILIES ON THE BLOCK ARE GOING TO GAMMA CENTAURI THIS CYCLE. MOST OF MY SCHOLA FRIENDS HAVE LEFT FOR A NEW LIFE ON NEW TERRA ALREADY.
(STATIC)

Agent wildfire01: So, what's the trade?
Agent zaphodikus: It's a container. I got it in a hack, did you bring the virus?
Agent wildfire01: Yeah
Agent zaphodikus: OK, this feels creepier than it needs to be. Some agents take the game far too seriously, lets find a beer so long. That was the plan, right?
Agent wildfire01: I don't drink, nothing serious.
Agent zaphodikus: That's OK. I don't much either but I like trying different ales to be social.
Agent wildfire01: I also find the game strange, but it works socially, just look. It go us to meet up. So what do you do, I mean, like for work?
(CONVERSATION DRIFTS)
Agent wildfire01: I trained in marketing. I want to find work doing good things myself too. Environment agencies and such like is my thing right now. It feels important.
Agent zaphodikus: Me too. I wanted and still do, to find work up North where more of the energy sector work is going on. Energy is a source of jobs that will never go away, but my interest is energy efficiency. I like green stuff...
(STATIC)

Comments