Embedded blogs

I've been on the hunt or electronics and embedded related blogs - and so here is another:  elektorembedded .

An update on my current project, which is to expand this 8x8 to 16x16 leds.


I have about 200 connections to still do on the back of some strip or "vero" board. Picture of it so far to come. The board comes fitted with an accelerometer.

Update: 10/10/2011
I originally built this this 8x8 dual-color (red and green) LED project a year odd ago (April-May of 2010), and so now here is the code to go with it.
makefile
banger.c
hello.c
banger.h
The main module is hello.c - banger.c holds the "graphics/hardware interface" code - which basically is responsible for clocking out the bits that correspond to each row and column. It is a system that relies on POV, and through a clever timing trick mixing RED and GREEN gets you Orange - pretty convincing, although not totally smooth. Perhaps if I had used a 20MHz clock and debugged the display drivers I might have gotten nicer colour control, because you can detect a bit of fade, probably due to the buffers not saturating fully. (I did not have a 'scope at the time).

Comments