It as not my brightest moment, but it has improved out computing experience at home, upgrading my XP to Windows 7. BUT, it broke the Usb driver, because Microsoft decided that signing all drivers without exclusion will improve the customer computing experience... I hate going outside the box to break my system, but I need my usb programmer to work so...
1. download driver from http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/
2. Plug in device, browse path to downlaoded files
3. Install fails... no worry.
4. download DSO version 3b from http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo
5. Run it, and select "sign a driver". browse to the driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys
6. Put DSO into test mode
7. Reboot - it (should) now work
I think you can skip step 5
Testing Thinking, Anyone?
19 minutes ago